Get 2 Documentation Toolkits for the price of 1
Limited-time offer – ends March 28, 2024

Expert Advice Community

Difference between contingency, recovery and response plans?

Guest user Created:   Jan 12, 2016 Last commented:   Jan 12, 2016

Difference between contingency, recovery and response plans?

I have made BC Plans for different departments. then i made the generic plans for terrorism, fire and Pandemics. Should the format be different and whats the difference between contigency, recovery and response plans.
0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 22301 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 22301 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

DejanK Jan 12, 2016

ISO 22301 nor ISO 27001 do not prescribe the structure of business continuity plan, but usually the plans are structured as follows:
- Business Continuity Plan is only a top-level document describing some general activities
- Incident Response Plans are the plans where responses to particular incidents is described
- Recovery Plans (for each activity) describe how each activity is to be recovered from a disruption

And yes, the format for these 3 types of plans is often different. This article will also help you: Activation procedures for the business continuity plan https://advisera.com/27001academy/blog/2011/09/26/activation-procedures-for-business-continuity-plan/

As I described above, response plan is used for directly responding to an incident; regarding contingency and recovery plans, the ISO standards do not make a difference between them.

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Jan 12, 2016

Jan 12, 2016

Suggested Topics